Friday, March 19, 2010

Hybrid Cars


Our Environment: Hybrid Cars
By: Kareen D. Povey
Copyright: 2006
Pages:48
Reading Level: 9-12

Hybrid Cars is a very informative book, going over many issues involving cars a daily part of our lives. I is meant for children with a glossary in the back with words that might be more difficult, however the information may not be as important for those who don't drive, let along purchase cars. However they did an excellent job covering both sides both the pros and cons of Hybrids. They also talk about several other options and other ways to save on fuel, and money. They also talk about smog, and statics of the causes and prevention. They talk about how Hybrids are more expensive to buy and might not be a reasonable solution for everyone. I actually enjoyed reading this book, because I learned a lot about Hybrids that I didn't know. I knew they were beneficial for the environment, however not how they work or the differences in Hybrids.

Recommended to: Children who want to know more. If they aren't interested in the subject they wont bother reading or learning anything. However this is easy to understand and has the perfect about of detail, for a child who wants to be informed.
Problems: This book looks like it was created many years ago, when it was really created in 2006, so I probably wouldn't pick it up if I was a child. Making the information useless if no one reads it.
My Reaction: I was actually surprised that there was a book all about Hybrid cars. In this Internet age it always surprises me that there are still books made with this important information. However I wish the information was presented in a more fun way.

No comments:

Post a Comment