Friday, March 5, 2010

Girls' Snowboarding


Girls' Snowboarding: Showing Off Your Style
by: Heather E. Schwartz
Copyright: 2008
Pages: 32
Reading Level: 9-12

This is an eye grabbing informational book. At first I thought it was going to just be fact after fact, but it reads more like a how to. Which is really awesome. This book could get any girl excited to snowboard. I also really liked that fact, its written especially for young girls. This is important because I think it is currently a mainly male driven sport, so if this book can get girls excited and spread the word that's great. This book has awesome pictures, and the layout makes it fun and exciting to read. This book also has more information in the back, like fun facts and where to find more information for yourself. And any book that encourages further learning is great!

Recommended to: Young girls, this could get them excited to try a new hobby.
Problems: None, this shows you that its not only a lot of hard work, but also a lot of fun.
My Reaction: I picked this book off the shelf because it looked fun to read, I have personally tried snowboarding several times and am still no good. But this made me want to get back on the mountain and try again. It talked about some tricks you can try, which sound really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment