Friday, March 5, 2010

Children Just Like me


Children Just Like Me
By: Barnabas and Anabel Kindersley
Copyright: 1995
Pages: 80
Reading Level: 9-12

"If I could change anything in the world, I would make everything cheaper and I would make all the water clean- I hate the smell of dirty water." (Sarala from Tamil Nadu, India)

This is an informational book that takes a look into children's lives all over the world. This book doesn't try to show the lives of all children in that Country but just looks at one. And looks at it from there perspective. My favorite part of this book is when they quote each child talking about there country or family. They share about the food, religion, home, pets, and hobbies of each child. Barnabas and Anabel Kindersley visited 31 countries to make the book. UNICEF arranged most of the trip, they carried 242lb of equipment all over the world. Interviewing all of the children.

Recommend to: All children. This is a great way of learning all about the world.
Problems: None, this book does an excellent job at accurately portraying each child.
My Reaction: This was the great book, even for me. I learned so much, and it has so much information that I can pick it up again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment