Saturday, February 6, 2010

Overboard!


Overboard!
by: Sarah Weeks
Illustrated by: Sam Williams
Copyright: 2006
Pages: 40
Reading Level: Baby- Preschool

This was such an adorable book, however I think it's going to be more enjoyable for a parent, than child. The whole book is about how babies are always throwing things "Overboard". As most parents know, food only stays on a high chair for so long, and it goes one of two ways. Into a child's mouth, or onto the floor. This book does an excellent job illustrating and describing this. Then the bunny is playing in the bath tub, and over goes the rubber ducky "bye, bye, bye" ducky. The Bunny then throws everything out of his crib, and takes out all the wipes, and diapers. The comes books, and raisins, and the entire diaper bag. Then Bunny decides its his turn to go overboard and jumps off the stairs, but Mama is right near by to catch little bunny. Then its time for bunny to go to bed, so he gets tucked in, says goodnight and gives kisses. And he has time for one last thing to go overboard, and he throws his mobile off the crib.

Recommended to: New Parents, its funny because its so true.
Problems: If parents are trying to break this habit, this wouldn't be a good bedtime story.
My Reaction: I'm a nanny, and I love my job. But this is one of the funniest things children do. My job at lunch time was mainly to break Bridger (the boy I nanny) of this habit. So this book spoke to me. Its such a cute, and colorful book. And this is a fresh idea, that I haven't seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment