Wednesday, January 13, 2010

One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish

One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish
By: Dr. Seuss
Copyright: 1960
Pages: 62
Reading Level: Children 4-8
Genre: Picture Book
"Why are they
sad and glad and bad?
I do not know.
Go ask your dad."
This book along with most of Dr. Seuss' takes you on an adventure starting at the very first page. The story tells of many things you can see. The kids go from watching things that like to run, go by. To a Nook with a Hook Cook Book on his head. And finally fall asleep with there pet Zeep. This book is a colorful classic. The rhymes and rhythm keep children focused. I have read this many times, and still reading it again felt like I was on a new adventure. I noticed a few new things this time.
Recommend it: This is a book for everyone, from mothers reading to their children, to new readers, to older children wanting a trip down memory lane.
Problems: The only issue I could think a parent might have with this book, is the many made up creatures and things. It may confuse a young learner trying to figure out the difference between a cow and a horse.
My reaction: I love this book. I'm sitting here reading it in the Library trying to hold in my laughter. Dr. Seuss' drawling are one of a kind. Definitely a necessity for any library.

No comments:

Post a Comment