Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Oh, the Places You'll Go!


Oh, the Places You'll Go!
By: Dr. Seuss
Copyright: 1990
Pages: 56
Reading Level: Children 4-8
Genre: Picture Book

"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)"

Dr. Seuss is a friend to all. This book is a great story about life, the ups and downs, the dark and the light. The journey starts saying "Congratulations! Today is your day." The bright eyed boy starts on his way, he heads straight out of town into the world. And comes across many things that take him to high heights,and into slumps. He passes through people who are stuck waiting, without purpose. However he surpasses them and goes on in his journey.He wins and he loses. With the boy making choices all along the way, he keeps going no matter what stands in his way. He faces his fears right in the face, and even beats loneliness. In the end the boy even moves a mountains, and accomplishes lots in his journey. This story is encouragement to dream lots of dreams, and do lots of things. And never forget who you are, and all that you can do.
Recommended to: Kids starting school, or facing difficulty in life. This book gives a very simple boast to any child's confidence.
Problems: I really couldn't find anything controversial in this book. Unless you are offended by lots of color. This is a great book for anyone.
My Reaction: This was my first time reading this Dr. Seuss book, which is why I grabbed it right off the shelf. I have loved every Dr. Seuss book I have read. And this is a new favorite. The confidence I got from reading this book, even at my age was amazing. I think every child should get a chance to see all the places they could go!

No comments:

Post a Comment